Thursday, December 20, 2012

FAVOURITE ALBUMS OF 2012

I have a great love for end-of-the-year countdown lists despite my own inability to pick definitive favourites for pretty much anything. But I always look forward to hearing the top music picks of the year from some of my favourite sources (Q, Fuel/Friends, All Songs Considered) and adding my own list as well. So here are a few of my favourites from the past year, in no particular order along with a playlist of a couple songs from each album (and links to spotify):





Mumford & Sons // Babel
You Won't // Skeptic Goodbye
Kishi Bashi // 151a
The Lumineers // The Lumineers
Oberhofer // Time Capsules II
Fiona Apple // The Idler Wheel...
Grizzly Bear // Shields
Andrew Bird // Break it Yourself & Hands of Glory
Alabama Shakes // Boys and Girls
(addendum: How could I have forgotten to include this album?)
Lord Huron // Lonesome Dreams

I think most of them are pretty predictable based on a lot of the top ten lists I've been seeing but I thought these were all fantastic and have had them on repeat all year long. What were some of your favourites this year?



And if you'd like to listen to any of the monthly mixes from the past year:
Jan // Feb // March // April // May // June // July // Aug // Sept // Oct // Nov // Dec to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment